Have you ever tried vegan, dairy-free & gluten-free Rose Coconut Jellies? They are so light, refreshing and delicious! Perfect for dessert and a sure way to impress your guests. My dessert is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and it’s very easy to make! In fact this is probably one of my easiest jelly recipes. These Rose Coconut Jellies only requires five ingredients! Not to mention, they are so beautiful to look at!
For my Rose Coconut Jellies, I’m using rose syrup, coconut milk, agar agar powder, water and maple syrup. The rose syrup can be purchased online or at select food stores. Funny enough, it’s available at Walmart!
The agar agar powder can be also purchased online or at most health food stores. It’s a great vegan substitute for gelatin powder. I love using it in my recipes! My only tip is to work quickly with agar agar. The jelly liquid sets very quickly if it’s at room temperature or removed off your heat source.
You will also require a mold of some sort or you can use small glasses to hold the Rose Coconut Jellies. I purchased my mold off Amazon.ca and it was fairly inexpensive. They can be repurposed for so many uses!
Tips for Making Rose Coconut Jellies
- Always whisk your agar agar powder into the liquid before you heat it. This allows for the agar agar powder to mix in with the ingredients well to prevent any clumps.
- Use a whisk! This ensure even distribution of your liquids. A fork does not cut it.
- Make sure to monitor your jelly liquid and do not over boil. Once it hits a boil, lower it to a very low simmer. Keep your jelly liquid over low heat before pouring into the mold. This ensures your jelly stays as a liquid. If you remove it off the heat source, it will solidify very quickly.
- Once your slowly and carefully pour your jelly into the mold, do not touch it. Just let it sit on the flat surface until it sets.
- The jelly only takes less than 10 minutes to fully set. You can transfer to the fridge to cool as it sets.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Rose Coconut Jellies
- 1 cup whole fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp rose syrup
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp agar agar powder
- In a small pot, whisk together all your ingredients. Place your pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, turn off the heat. Carefully pour into your mold or small glasses. Do not touch after pouring. Allow this to set for 10 minutes. To cool, refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour.