Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with a Coconut Cream. It’s so delicious, easy to make and only requires 7-ingredients! It’s a great soup to make ahead for the week and can be reheated throughout the week. This soup can be kept up to 5 days or frozen for later.
All you need for this recipe is vegan butter, onion, carrot, potatoes, butternut squash and vegetable broth. The coconut cream is optional. I’ve also topped off my soup with some fresh dill and Crunchy Little Lentils by Three Farmers. Three Farmers has partnered with me for this recipe and you can get 15% off their products by visit this link and using the discount code CHRISTIEATHOME15. Their snacks are so delicious, flavourful, crunchy and a great source of fiber and protein!
It’s such a creamy and tasty way to get in fibre, vitamins and minerals especially during the cold weather. It pairs wonderfully with a sandwich.
Before I get into the recipe I always like to share nutritional facts about the food you’re about the eat with special regards to butternut squash.
Nutritional Benefits of Butternut Squash:
- Butternut squash is low in calories but high in many nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium.
- Butternut squash is an excellent source of provitamin A carotenoids, vitamin C, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, and manganese.
- The high antioxidant content of butternut squash may reduce your risk of certain conditions, including heart disease, lung cancer, and mental decline.
- Butternut squash is low in calories and packed with fiber — making it a great choice for any healthy weight loss plan.
So try incorporating some butternut squash into your diet with my easy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Immersion blender or blender
- 1 small cooking onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Coconut cream
- Optional: Three Farmer's Crunchy Little Lentils
- Optional: Fresh dill
- Using a fork, poke your butternut squash with the skin on. Microwave your butternut squash 3 times at 2 minute intervals. Allow this to cool and prepare other vegetables in the meantime.
- Once butternut is cooled, it will be easier to peel and cube.
- In a medium pot set over medium heat, add vegan butter. Add in your onions, potatoes, carrots and squash. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in your broth. Put the lid on and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and allow this to simmer for 35 minutes.
- Remove soup off stove and blend the soup until smooth.
- Optional: Top off with some coconut cream, fresh dill and crunchy little lentils.