Today I’m sharing a vegan Coffee Coconut Jelly that is light, tasty and refreshing! This is a dessert that originates from Thailand. In Thailand, coconut milk is often used in their desserts.
Benefits of Coconut Milk
Did you know coconut milk is actually very healthy? It’s full of important nutrients like manganese. Manganese may be beneficial for bone health and may help decrease inflammation. Other benefits of coconut milk also may include: lowering inflammation, decreasing stomach ulcer size and fighting viruses and bacteria. [Source: Healthline]
For my dessert, I’ve partnered with Kitchen Stuff Plus. They have kindly sponsored this recipe and gifted me with all the kitchen tools that you see here in this post. I wanted to created a healthy dessert recipe to showcase their stylish, affordable and dependable kitchen and coffee tools.
To make this vegan Coffee Coconut Jelly, I first used KSP Kava Manual Coffee Grinder to grind fresh coffee beans for best taste. You may also use espresso for a stronger coffee taste and for that I recommend the Bialetti Venus Stovetop Espresso Maker.
I then transferred the ground coffee into KSP Milano ‘Double Wall’ French Coffee Press and filled it with hot boiling water pressing out the hot java. I poured the coffee into a small pot, whisking in oat milk, agar agar powder and maple syrup measured out by KSP Omni Measuring Spoons and KSP Omni Measuring Cups.
I brought this mixture to a boil and then on a low simmer, while stirring constantly. I allowed it to rest on the stove over low heat to prevent the mixture from forming into a solid jelly.
In another small pot, I whisked together my coconut milk, agar agar powder, maple syrup and water. Bringing it to a boil and then a low simmer, stirring constantly. I allowed this to sit on low heat to also prevent it from solidifying.
Then in a square glass resealable container, I measured out ½ cup of the coffee mixture and gently poured it into the base of the container allowing it to set and solidify. Once it set, then I measured out ½ cup of coconut milk and poured it over top of my coffee jelly. I repeated this process until I filled the container. Allow your jelly to set in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight. Slice and enjoy!
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Kitchen Stuff Plus
Vegan Coffee Coconut Jelly
- 6.5 tbsp coffee beans
- 3 cups boiling hot water
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp oat milk
- 3 tsp agar agar powder
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp agar agar powder
- In a coffee press, add coffee grind and boiling hot water. Press out the grind. Pour the coffee into a small pot and whisk maple syrup, agar agar powder, and oat milk. Bring to a boil and then a low simmer, keep over low heat to prevent this from solidifying into a jelly.
- In another small pot, whisk together coconut milk, water, maple syrup and agar agar powder. Bring to a boil and then a low simmer, keep over low heat to prevent this from solidifying into a jelly.
- Then in a square glass resealable container, measure out 1/2 cup of the coffee liquid and gently pour into your container. Allow this to solidify and set at room temperature. Once firm to touch, then gently pour 1/2 cup of the coconut mixture and allow this to set. Repeat process until you’ve filled your container.
- Seal your container and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight. Slice into small squares and enjoy with fruit and sweet condensed coconut milk!