Vegan Coffee Coconut Jelly. Light, tasty and refreshing! This is a dessert that originates from Thailand. In Thailand, coconut milk is often used in their desserts.
This is one my favourite coffee desserts because it’s not heavy and it’s very cooling especially for this hot summer!
My coffee and coconut cream jelly is made with 5 ingredients! You can even pour condensed milk overtop and there are some vegan versions available that are made with Vegan Condensed Coconut milk.
This coffee coconut jelly recipe is easy to make despite how it looks. And I share how to get the exact layers below.
Other recipes you may like!
- Always whisk your agar agar powder into the liquid before you heat it. This allows for the agar agar powder to mix in with the ingredients well to prevent any clumps.
- Use a whisk! This ensure even distribution of your liquids. A fork does not cut it.
- Make sure to monitor your jelly liquid and do not over boil. Once it hits a boil, lower it to a very low simmer.
- Always keep your jelly liquid over very low heat before pouring into the mold. This ensures your jelly stays as a liquid. If you remove it off the heat source, it will solidify very quickly.
- Pour your hot liquid over the back of a spoon when pouring over another jelly layer. This prevents the first layer from being broken from the heat of the liquid
Benefits of Coconut Milk
Did you know coconut milk is actually very healthy? It’s full of important nutrients like manganese. Manganese may be beneficial for bone health and may help decrease inflammation. Other benefits of coconut milk also may include: lowering inflammation, decreasing stomach ulcer size and fighting viruses and bacteria. [Source: Healthline]
For my dessert, I’ve partnered with Kitchen Stuff Plus. They have kindly sponsored this recipe and gifted me with all the kitchen tools that you see here in this post. I wanted to created a healthy dessert recipe to showcase their stylish, affordable and dependable kitchen and coffee tools.
To make this vegan coffee and coconut jelly, I first used KSP Kava Manual Coffee Grinder to grind fresh coffee beans for best taste. You may also use espresso for a stronger coffee taste and for that I recommend the Bialetti Venus Stovetop Espresso Maker.
I then transferred the ground coffee into KSP Milano ‘Double Wall’ French Coffee Press and filled it with hot boiling water pressing out the hot java. I poured the coffee into a small pot, whisking in oat milk, agar agar powder and maple syrup measured out by KSP Omni Measuring Spoons and KSP Omni Measuring Cups.
I brought this mixture to a boil and then on a low simmer, while stirring constantly. I allowed it to rest on the stove over low heat to prevent the mixture from forming into a solid jelly.
In another small pot, I whisked together my coconut milk, agar agar powder, maple syrup and water. Bringing it to a boil and then a low simmer, stirring constantly. I allowed this to sit on low heat to also prevent it from solidifying.
Then in a square glass resealable container, I measured out ½ cup of the coffee mixture and gently poured it into the base of the container allowing it to set and solidify. Once it set, then I measured out ½ cup of coconut milk and poured it over top of my coffee jelly. I repeated this process until I filled the container. Allow your coffee jelly with coconut milk to set in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight. Slice and enjoy!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Vegan Coffee Coconut Jelly recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Kitchen Stuff Plus
Pin for Later!
Vegan Coffee Coconut Jelly
- 6.5 tbsp coffee beans grounded
- 3 cups boiling hot water
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp canned coconut milk
- 3 tsp agar agar powder
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp agar agar powder
- In a coffee press, add coffee grind and boiling hot water. Press out the grind. Pour the coffee into a small pot and whisk maple syrup, agar agar powder, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and then a low simmer, keep over low heat to prevent this from solidifying into a jelly.
- In another small pot, whisk together coconut milk, water, maple syrup and agar agar powder. Bring to a boil and then a low simmer, keep over low heat to prevent this from solidifying into a jelly.
- Then in a square glass resealable container, measure out 1/2 cup of the coffee liquid and gently pour into your container. Allow this to solidify and set at room temperature. Once firm to touch, then gently pour 1/2 cup of the coconut mixture and allow this to set. Repeat process until you’ve filled your container.
- Seal your container and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight. Slice into small squares and enjoy with fruit and sweet condensed coconut milk!