Vegetable Dumplings. Golden crispy dumplings filled with mushrooms and vegetables. These are vegan and they are perfect side dish or meal.
Golden crispy dumplings are one of my favourite foods of all times. These vegetable dumplings are filled with mushrooms and a variety of other vegetables.
In this recipe, I use non-GMO sesame and avocado oil by Chosen Foods. Avocado Oil can withstand high-heat cooking and it’s fairly scentless so it’s perfect for frying.
Since these are meatless dumplings, the cook time is quick and the filling is already precooked.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1.5 cups of shiitake mushroom diced (stems removed)
1/2 cup of white cabbage shredded
1 cup of white onion finely chopped
1 cup of carrot shredded
1 cup of Chinese chives (or garlic chives) finely chopped. Tip: freeze the remainder for later usage
1 package or about 45 dumpling wrappers
4 tbsp of light sodium soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of rice wine
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of cane sugar
1 tsp of cornstarch
1/8 tsp of ginger powder
Avocado Oil for cooking vegetables and frying dumplings
On a personal note
That’s the wonderful thing about plant-based dishes, the cook time and grocery bills are reduced by a significant amount. There’s also less concern about cooking a meal through to kill bacteria, like E Coli or Salmonella found in raw meat.
As my husband I try more meatless foods, we are really loving the advantages of it and we don’t feel like we are missing out.
Our energy levels are higher, we experience less digestive issues and the best part is I don’t have to exercise as hard to work off the calories saving me time!
But don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy having some animal protein every now and then listening to my body’s needs.
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Vegetable Dumplings recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
- 1.5 cups of shiitake mushroom diced stems removed
- 1/2 cup of white cabbage shredded
- 1 cup of white onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of carrot shredded
- 1 cup of Chinese chives or garlic chives finely chopped. Tip: freeze the remainder for later usage
- 1 package or about 45 dumpling wrappers
- 4 tbsp of light sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of rice wine
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cane sugar
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp of ginger powder
- Avocado Oil for cooking vegetables and frying dumplings
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil on medium heat. Fry onions until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add in soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine and combine well.
- Season with ginger powder, pepper, salt, cane sugar and mix well. Lastly add the corn starch and combine, this will thicken your mixture. Fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove off stove and let it cool.
Time to Wrap
- Required: 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon and bowl of water
- Fill dumpling wrappers with 1/2 tbsp of vegetable filling. Lightly dab water on the edges of the wrapper. Seal the dumpling with your fingers.
Time to Cook Dumplings
- On a large skillet set on medium – high heat, add 1-2 tbsp of avocado oil. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add your dumplings, do not overcrowd the pan. Fry on each side for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Serve with red vinegar or sauce of your choice.
- Tip: Freeze dumplings in a container. Give each dumpling space to allow it to freeze without sticking to one another.