Today I’m posting a veggie burger recipe. It looks like beef because I’m using veggie ground mixed with ground black beans and spices. It’s super easy to make as long as you have a food processor. It also doesn’t take long to cook through because black beans can be eaten raw and the veggie ground only takes 4 minutes to cook in total.
For this recipe, I’m using Gardein Veggie Ground, organic BPA free canned Yves Veggie Cuisine Black Beans, Chosen Foods avocado oil and a multiple of spices. The buns are GMO-free, wholewheat and by a Canadian brand named Ozery Bakery. I found all these products at Sobeys.
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do, please share it with your family and friends.
VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE
YIELDS 4 PATTIES | PREP TIME: 15 MINS | COOK TIME: 8-10 mins
- 2 cups frozen Gardein Veggie ground (do no thaw)
- 1 can organic black beans, drained
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
Required: Food Processor
- In a food processor, process black beans, water, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and ground cumin powder until smooth. In a large mixing bowl, mix together with veggie ground. Divide patty mixture into four parts and mold into burger patties.
- In a non-stick pan set on medium heat, add avocado oil. Add patties to the hot pan and fry on each side for 2 minutes max until browned on each side. Serve hot in a burger bun of your choice with your favourite toppings.