Zucchini Fritters. Delicious, savoury, and fairly easy to make. Great as an appetizer or side dish. This recipe is vegetarian.
I seem to be in a fritter mode this week from my Butternut Squash Fritters (click here for recipe) to these Zucchini based ones. Zucchini Fritters serve well as an appetizer or as a side dish. The ingredients are few but the results are tasty! They’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. You’ll want to consume these within a day, as the moisture tends to make them go soggy the next day.
For this recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 3 Zucchinis, grated with skin on
- 2 Eggs (Opt for free-run organic eggs)
- 3/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Avocado Oil for Frying
Required: Box Grater
I’m using Avocado Oil instead of Vegetable Oil. Vegetable Oil is sometimes another term for Palm Oil. Palm Oil is very harmful to the planet specifically the Indonesian rain forests.
Palm Oil trees are burned down killing families of orangutans or leaving many homeless only to acquire this oil. Burning down the trees is like setting off a carbon bomb releasing into the air all the carbon dioxide they have absorbed over hundreds of years.
So when you buy Vegetable Oil, please do your research to check if it’s derived from Palm Oil or actual vegetables. A greener alternative is Avocado Oil. I usually purchase my avocado oil from Chosen Foods as they are non-GMO. Click here for more information on them.
In addition, the eggs in this recipe are free-range organic and are by Burnbrae Farms. Click here for more information on their farming practices. You can find their eggs at most major Canadian retailers like Loblaws or Sobeys.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Zucchini Fritters recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Other Recipes You May Like!
- Required: Box Grater
- 3 Zucchinis grated with skin on
- 2 Eggs Opt for free-run organic eggs
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Avocado Oil for Frying
- Chop the ends of your zucchinis and begin grating them using a box grater. Place your grated zucchini in a clean tea towel and squeeze out all the excess moisture until the zucchini is dry. If you don’t own any tea towels, place the zucchini in a colander and push down on the zucchini until all the water comes out.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the grated zucchini, two eggs, flour, salt, garlic powder and minced garlic. Combine well until the consistency is thick and does not run. You may need to add more flour depending on how wet the zucchini is.
- Heat your frying pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Spoon about 2 tbsp of the mixture onto the pan to form a pancake. Fry on each side until golden brown for about 1.5 to 2 minutes. Depending on the size of your pan, you can fry 3-4 fritters at the same time.