Easy Simple Kimchi Fries
Kimchi Fries. Homemade French fries seasoned with garlic and paprika simply loaded with kimchi with mayo.
- 8 medium size russet potatoes with skin on
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or sub with any neutral tasting oil
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- 3-4 tablespoon mayonnaise or as much as desired
- 1 cup kimchi chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil toasted kind
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
Slice potatoes into ½ x ½ inch thick fries. If you're using white potatoes, rinse them in cold water and strain them - this remove extra starch.
If needed, roughly chop kimchi into bite sized pieces.
On a large baking sheet or sheet pan lined with parchment paper, spread your thick cut fries in a single layer. Season fries with paprika powder, garlic powder and oil.
Using your hands, massage the oil and spices into the fries until well coated. Bake for 35 minutes on the middle rack, flipping them halfway through.
Remove fries from oven with a slotted spoon or tongs and transfer them to a serving plate.
Top off with kimchi and drizzle with mayo and sesame oil. Garnish with green onions. Enjoy with suggested optional topping ideas found below in Notes section.
Optional topping ideas:
Feel free to sprinkle any of these additional ingredients on top of the fries to elevate them further:
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Sriracha sauce for a spicier version
- Gochugaru, aka Korean chili powder, for added spice
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Gochujang mayonnaise (made by adding 1 tablespoon of gochujang to ⅓ cup mayo)
- Kimchi juice
- Fresh ginger
- Cheese sauce
- Spicy gochujang aka Korean red pepper paste
- Sautéed sliced onion: yellow onions or white onion will work
- Sautéed Ground beef or sliced beef ribeye
- Taco meat
- Cooked Korean BBQ chicken, pork or beef
- Korean fried chicken, preferably in bite sized pieces
Please leave a 5 star review (be kind)! Tag me on social media @christieathome as I'd love to see your creations!
Calories: 455kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 1839mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg