Vegetarian Mushroom Tofu Yakisoba
Mushroom Tofu Yakisoba. Savoury with a hint of tang. Packed with vegetables. A popular Japanese noodle dish for dinner or lunch.
- ½ onion
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 5-6 cups black oyster mushrooms
- 1 stalk green onion finely chopped
- 4 napa cabbage leaves chopped
- 2 cups smoked or extra firm tofu diced
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- black pepper
- 2 x 480 grams of packaged Yakisoba Noodles comes as 3 servings, thawed and loosened
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 4 tsp ketchup
- 4 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
In a small bowl, whisk together your yakisoba sauce.
In a wok set on medium-high heat, add ½ tsp avocado oil and fry diced tofu until crispy brown on all sides, about 7 minutes. Remove and transfer to a large bowl.
In the same wok, add more oil if needed and sauteed mushrooms until golden brown. Remove and transfer to another plate. Sauteed your remaining veggies and onions until cooked. Remove and transfer those to the large bowl.
Add more oil if needed, then add in thawed loosened noodles. Add in your yakisoba sauce and cook through until noodles are steaming hot. Then add in your tofu, veggies, and onions. Season with black pepper. Mix until noodles are well combined.
Garnish with more green onion and sesame seeds (optional). Serve hot and enjoy!
Rate my recipe and leave a comment (be kind)! Tag me @christieathome and hashtag #christieathome so I can share it on social media!
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1978IU | Vitamin C: 85mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg