Watermelon Basil Salad. Delicious, vegan, refreshing and beautiful to look at! This salad is a sure crowd pleaser that will keep you coming back for more. Perfect as a side dish.
The combination of flavours is truly amazing with the sweet watermelon, fresh basil, red onions and a balsamic reduction. It’s one of my all-time favourite watermelon recipes ever!
This watermelon salad is great for the warmer season when watermelons are in season! A great way to support seasonal produce as well.
My watermelon basil salad is pretty easy to make and you don’t need to scoop the balls into circles if you don’t want to. You can chop up your watermelon and dice them into squares if that’s easier.
How did I scoop the watermelon into little balls?
I used a melon scoop! They are pretty inexpensive and you can purchase them online. Just make sure yours has a little whole in the scoop so the melon can fall out easily.
For this Watermelon Basil Salad
You’ll need the following ingredients:
1 mini-size watermelon, seedless (about 3-4 cups)
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, sliced
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
Other Salad recipes to check out!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Watermelon Basil Salad recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Watermelon Basil Salad
- 1 mini-size watermelon seedless (about 3-4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- Slice watermelon into half. Using a melon scoop, scoop melon into balls. If you don’t own a melon scoop, carve off the watermelon skin and dice melon into cubes. Place into a large salad bowl.
- Add chopped basil and sliced red onion.
- In a separate small bowl, mix olive oil and lime juice. Pour over salad and gently mix.
- In a small pot over high heat, whisk together balsamic vinegar and sugar. Reduce until it is thick like a syrup. Drizzle over top of the salad. Serve immediately and enjoy! Note: It is best to consume salad within the same day.