Chinese Lo Mein. Simple, delicious, savoury noodles covered in a soy and oyster sauce. The perfect side dish to any meal that is ready in 15 minutes. Great for dinner or lunch.
This is a super simple Chinese Lo Mein recipe. You can pair it with any vegetable or protein you desire and it comes together very quickly.
It’s similar to the Lo Mein that you would order at a Chinese take out restaurant but now you can make it at home!
I love this quick recipe and it’s also a great dish for meal preparation because it is so versatile!
It also serves well as leftovers for lunch if you microwave covered so you don’t lose that moisture.
Other related recipes to check out!
Watch how I made this!
For this recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients:
454 grams Cantonese Style Chow Mein Noodles
3 tbsp Avocado oil
1 tsp garlic minced
1 cup water
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sesame seeds
Where can I find some of these ingredients?
You can purchase the cantonese style chow mein noodles at most Chinese grocers in the refrigerated section, usually by the tofu.
Oyster sauce can be found at any Asian Grocer. The brand I like is by Lee Kum Kee but you can use any high quality oyster sauce.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Chinese Lo Mein recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Chinese Lo Mein
- 454 grams Cantonese Style Chow Mein Noodles
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Cut your noodles into shorter strands with clean scissors.
- In a hot pan over medium high heat, add avocado oil and garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Add noodles along with your water to help steam it and give it more moisture. Break the noodles apart.
- When your noodles are loosened, add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice mirin, and sesame oil. Thoroughly mix until the noodles are covered in a dark brown sauce. For more colour: you may add 1/2 tbsp more of dark soy sauce.
- If the noodles need more water, add another 1/4 cup but use your discretion.
- Add sesame seeds and mix. Enjoy!