Instant Pot Butter Potato Chickpeas. This Indian dish is flavourful, filling and vegan! It is the perfect meatless meal for dinner and great as leftovers!
This is one of my favourite ways to have chickpeas. Smothered in a variety of spices that are aromatic. I love the creamy texture of the potatoes in combination with the legumes. They pair so well together.
If you’re not a big fan of chickpeas, like me, this is the way to eat them! I find that they are delicious in Indian Butter sauce or in a curry form. The sauce really breaks down the texture of the chickpeas and the spices mask the smell that chickpeas give off.
Other related recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients:
5 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 can organic chickpeas
3 tbsp vegan butter
8 cloves garlic minced
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin ground
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp of ginger powder or fresh minced ginger
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup cashew cream (1/3 cup raw cashews blended in 1/2 cup hot boiling water)
2 tbsp parsley chopped
Do I need to use an Instant Pot?
No. You may use a normal pot but you will have to adjust the time so that the potatoes and chickpeas are cooked through and this will require you to check the softness of the potatoes every now and then. It should take roughly 30 minutes to cook down.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Instant Pot Butter Potato Chickpeas recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Pin this for future!
Instant Pot Butter Potato Chickpeas
- Instant Pot
- 5 medium yellow potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of ginger powder or fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cashew cream 1/3 cup raw cashews blended in 1/2 cup hot boiling water
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Set your Instant Pot on Saute Mode (Level: More). Saute garlic in vegan butter. Add potatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add in spices.
- Next add tomato sauce and tomato paste along. Mix to combine. Then add chickpeas and mix gently. Pour in water and mix again. Let it simmer for 2 minutes. Cover with Instant Pot lid and lock it.
- Set to Pressure Cook Mode and set time to 10 minutes. Turn sealing knob to Sealing Mode.
- Once it has cooked for ten minutes, turn off pressure cooker. Carefully switch off Sealing Mode to allow the pressure to release. Once released, remove lid.
- Pour in cashew cream and gently mix until combined. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with basmati rice. Enjoy!