Have you ever tried Pad See Ew Thin Noodles? They will knock your socks off in terms of taste and I promise that you will LOVE these! They only take 30 minutes or less to make and are perfect for lunch or dinner.
This noodle dish originates from Thailand and the original version usually uses thick flat noodles but I’m using clear mung bean noodles for this recipe.
For this Recipe:
You will need clear mung bean vermicelli noodles, chicken, egg, chinese broccoli, soy sauce, dark mushroom soy sauce, garlic, maple syrup, sesame oil, and fish sauce.
This dish also pairs deliciously with the chili vinegar which is a total must and only requires two ingredients – red chili and white vinegar.
You can find the clear thin mung bean vermicelli noodles at any asian grocer in the Dried Noodle Aisle. They are clear when cooked. For these noodles, I would not recommend boiling them in hot water as they will turn soggy. So only soak them in hot water for 2 minutes maximum.
My Passion for Asian Food
I love Asian food. I actually think it’s so incredibly delicious and packed with flavour to hit every single taste bud thanks to the variety of sauces and spices. It’s such a treat to have it when I visit Malaysia, my husband’s home country.
I was actually inspired by Marion’s Kitchen to make this recipe. If you’ve not heard of Marion, she’s a wonderful YouTuber who shares incredible delicious Asian recipes from Thailand, Hong Kong and South East Asia in general. Her recipes are SO delicious looking and she’s really inspired me to want to cook more asian recipes.
I grew up eating primarily asian food and I miss my mum’s cooking. So it’s nice to be able to cook more asian cuisine and share it here.
Well I hope you enjoy my Pad See Ew Thin Noodles recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Pad See Ew Thin Noodles
- 150 grams mung bean clear glass vermicelli noodles
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs, sliced thinly
- 2 free-range eggs, whisked
- 3 cups Chinese Broccoli or Gai-Lan, chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Sauce for Noodles:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp mushroom dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 red chili, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- In a small bowl, whisk together your marinade and marinate the chicken.
- In another bowl, soak your noodles for 2 minutes maximum in hot water. Not boiling. Strain and set aside.
- In a hot wok or non stick pan, add avocado oil. Fry chicken and garlic together until mostly cooked. Move the chicken aside and fry your eggs. Break the eggs apart.
- Then add in the chinese broccoli and noodles. Followed by the sauce. Mix together until noodles are coated and greens are cooked. Season with black pepper. Serve hot with chili vinegar.