Potato salad is one of my favourite side dishes to have. It’s creamy, filling and can be full of flavour if you season it right. I thought why not kick it up a notch by adding more flavour with dill pickles, pickle juice and dill along with many other spices and additions!
This version is also vegan – completely meat-free down the mayonnaise being used.
For this recipe I’m using EarthFresh organic baby red potatoes. Since the potatoes are baby-sized, they cook within 10-12 minutes! It’s best to let the flavours soak in overnight for optimal taste. For the vegan mayo, I’m using called Follow Your Heart Vegenaise.
Well I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it! If you do please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this post.
DILL PICKLE POTATO SALAD (VEGAN)
SERVES 3-4 AS A SIDE | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 10-12 MINS
- 1.5 lbs organic EarthFresh red baby potatoes, quartered & skin on
- 1/2 cup of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dill pickle juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add in your chopped baby potatoes (with skin on). Boil for 10-12 minutes until you can poke a fork through it with ease. Strain the potatoes in a colander.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in hot potatoes in. While they are hot, add in all remaining ingredients starting with the fresh dill, red onions, and green onions. Followed by dill pickles, pickle juice, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, all the spices, and vegan mayo.
- Gently mix together with a spatula until well combined. For optimal taste, store in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. But if you’re impatient like me, you can enjoy right away!