Lemon Garlic Scallops & Asparagus. Tasty pan seared scallops with a lemon garlic sauce paired with asparagus. The perfect dish for date night or a fancy meal for yourself!
This is an easy, quick and delicious recipe that anyone can make. The lemon garlic butter sauce really brings a nice flavour to the scallops and asparagus.
This dish can be cooked in less than 10 minutes and it’s a great way to impress anyone!
Other related recipes you may like!
Seafood is a great way for my husband and I to get our protein if our meal is lacking plant-based proteins. We do our best to support “wild caught” seafood and we avoid consuming farmed fish when we can. The best way to find sustainable seafood is by looking for the Ocean Wise logo on the packaging which looks like the logo below.
Ocean Wise Seafood Logo:
Ocean Wise allows customers to easily identify which seafood produce has been sustainably sourced. If you’d like to learn more about Ocean Wise, click here. To understand why you should not consume farmed fish, have a read of the below.
8 reasons why you should avoid Farmed Fish
- Farmed fish contain little nutritional benefits, especially Omega-3 fatty acids as fish naturally receive these nutrients from aquatic plant life
- Farmed fish are fed corn or soy promoting the growth of unhealthy. amounts of incorrect fatty acids. Naturally fish are carnivores and they should be eating other fish.
- Farmed fish are given antibiotics which can cause “antibiotic-resistant disease in humans”.
- They experience stress and pain of being confined and are killed in inhumane ways.
- They are filled with disease and this spreads to the ocean infecting wild fish.
- Farms clean their waters using concentrated chemicals and toxins but those flow back into the ocean damaging natural ecosystems.
- Farmed fish live in their own poop! Yuck.
- Fish farms are environmentally unsustainable.
(Sourced from “Mind Body Green“)
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Lemon Garlic Scallops & Asparagus recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Lemon Garlic Scallops & Asparagus
- 1 bunch of organic asparagus with ends chopped off
- 8-10 wild caught scallops thoroughly washed and dried
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- In a steamer set on medium heat, steam your asparagus for 4-5 minutes and no more. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle some olive oil over top.
- Season your scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large frying pan set on low heat, add your olive oil. Then add garlic and fry for 20 seconds but do not brown them.
- Raise heat to medium high and place each scallop in, careful not to overcrowd the scallops and give each one some space. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until edges are golden brown. Do not cook anymore than 3 minutes or you’ll have hard scallops.
- In the last minute, squeeze lemon juice over top and allow it to sizzle for 30 seconds more. Remove off heat.
- Serve scallops with sauce over the asparagus.