Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Croissant. Delicious, quick and easy to make in less than 5 minutes. Perfect for lunch or as a snack.
This sandwich is one of my quick and simple recipes that takes less than 5 minutes to whip up! This recipe is more on the richer side but it’s alright to treat yourself every once in awhile.
Whenever I purchase seafood, I do my best to buy sustainable seafood and not farmed fish (read why by scrolling down). One way to identify sustainable seafood is by checking the package for a logo that will say “Certified Sustainable”. Below is a picture of Movenpick’s Wild Smoked Salmon and in the bottom right corner, there is a MSC logo which is one of the organization’s among several that certify sustainable seafood.
WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID FARMED FISH
- Farmed fish contain little nutritional benefits, especially Omega-3 fatty acids as fish naturally receive these nutrients from aquatic plant life
- Farmed fish are fed corn or soy promoting the growth of unhealthy. amounts of incorrect fatty acids. Naturally fish are carnivores and they should be eating other fish.
- Farmed fish are given antibiotics which can cause “antibiotic-resistant disease in humans”.
- They experience stress and pain of being confined and are killed in inhumane ways.
- They are filled with disease and this spreads to the ocean infecting wild fish.
- Farms clean their waters using concentrated chemicals and toxins but those flow back into the ocean damaging natural ecosystems.
- Farmed fish live in their own poop! Yuck.
- Fish farms are environmentally unsustainable.
(Sourced from “Mind Body Green“)
So before you cook this recipe, please consider the environment and your own health by choosing sustainable seafood.
Now about this sandwich, you must love smoked salmon to eat it. It pairs well with croissants, cream cheese and fresh dill. You also have the option to put as little or as much of the above ingredients. It’s also fantastic for parties or showers if you cut them up into smaller portions.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Croissant recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Croissant
- 2 croissants
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 small bunch fresh dill chopped
- Light Plain Cream Cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: Lemon Juice
- Prepare your ingredient as listed above.
- Slice your croissants in half.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on both sides of the croissant.
- Lay 2 pieces of smoked salmon and season with pepper.
- Lay a couple to a few sprigs of fresh dill over the salmon.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over your salmon to compliment it.