Vegan Greek Rice. Delicious, flavourful and easy to make. It’s perfect as a side dish for dinner or lunch. This recipe only takes 35 minutes to cook!
This Vegan Greek Rice is delicious because the grains are cooked in a delicious vegetable broth with garlic powder, peas, carrots, lemon juice, salt, olive oil and I’ve topped it off with dill! It’s such a simple recipe that is quick to make and pairs so well with my Vegan Greek Potatoes (click here for that recipe).
Other Recipes You May Like!
For this Recipe
I’m using organic vegetable broth by Pacific Foods and organic extra virgin olive oil by Terra Delyssa. I really enjoy using broths by Pacific Foods because they come in recyclable containers with a resealable cap. They’re handy whenever I need some broth. I can reseal it and store it back in my fridge without contaminating the whole container. Not to mention, they are delicious and organic. You can source their products at most Canadian grocers like Sobeys or Loblaws.
On a Personal Note
I hope you all had a nice Easter weekend. We had some nice warm weather for this long weekend. I had a really lovely one and managed to create two new recipes.
Lately I’ve been in a lull in creating new recipe ideas. I want to make sure they’re tasty dishes and that they are primarily plant-based, as you’re investing your time to make these dishes. I’d feel terrible if I made you waste 30-60 minutes of your time only to make a dish that didn’t make you say “Yum!” But I have sure confidence in this Vegan Greek Rice.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Vegan Greek Rice recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Pin this for later!
Vegan Greek Rice
- 2.5 cups long grain rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 Juice of a lemon
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- In a non-stick pot set on medium-high heat, pour in the olive oil. Add in the brown rice and combine. Fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, peas and carrots, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer with a lid for 25 minutes until you reach desired softness. Every now and then, stir the rice to avoid it from sticking to the base of your pan. The rice should have absorb all the liquids.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with chopped dill. Serve and enjoy!