Warm Tomato Pepper Quinoa. Delicious, savoury, warm and healthy! This side dish is a tasty way of eating quinoa and it's vegan too!
This warm quinoa pepper tomato salad comes together in 40 minutes so it does take some time but well worth it because this side can be added to meal prep for the week too.
Now if you asked me a year ago if I liked quinoa, the answer would have been no. I prefer warm meals so when I noticed that a lot of quinoa dishes were cold, I immediately avoided it.
It's something to do with their cold and crunchy texture that just didn't sit well with my mouth. So I tried cooking quinoa as a warm dish by adding some mushroom broth, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes with some onions and a few other ingredients.
I was happy with the end result and thought it would be useful to share this warm pepper tomato quinoa salad with people who want to try quinoa out for the health benefits but want to enjoy eating it (who doesn't?)
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients for my warm pepper tomato and quinoa salad:
½ pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
One medium orange bell pepper, diced
1 white onion, diced
One cup of frozen peas and carrots, thawed
1 cup of quinoa
⅓ cup of mushroom broth
1.5 tbsp of tomato paste
½ tsp of paprika powder
¼ tsp of onion salt
¼ tsp of garlic powder
1 tbsp of avocado oil
salt to taste
I'm also using an Organic Mushroom Broth by Pacific Foods in this recipe and it gives the dish a deep delicious flavour. Pacific Foods is an organic food company that I purchase a lot of my broths from and they make sustainability and animal welfare a priority in their practices. For more information on their products, click here.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Warm Tomato Pepper Quinoa recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this warm pepper tomato quinoa recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Warm Tomato Pepper Quinoa
- ½ pint of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 1 cup of quinoa
- ⅓ cup of mushroom broth
- 1.5 tbsp of tomato paste
- ½ tsp of paprika powder
- ¼ tsp of onion salt
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the quinoa according to package instructions and liquids have evaporated. In the meantime, prepare ingredients as listed above.
- After quinoa is cooked, transfer it aside. In a non-stick deep pot set on medium high heat, add the avocado oil.
- Begin frying the diced onions for 2 minutes until fragrant and translucent. Then add the diced bell peppers and fry for another 2 minutes until soft. Next add the cherry tomatoes, peas and carrots, frying for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the spices and mix until vegetables are evenly coated. Season with some salt.
- Now pour in the mushroom broth, followed by the tomato paste. Mix everything together until well combined. Cook for 1-2 minutes until half of the broth has evaporated.
- Lastly add in the cooked quinoa and mix altogether. Now your dish is ready to serve.