Tuna Kimchi Jjigae for one. Savoury, delicious, warm and comforting. The perfect accompaniment to rice and serves well for dinner or lunch.
The tuna combined with the spicy kimchi broth and onions makes this dish one that you need to try if you love Korean food as much as I do. It’s so good served with steamed rice and more kimchi!
I love Korean Stew so much. It’s the quickest way to warm up my body especially on a cold snowy day in May. Yes, you heard me right – a cold snowy day in the month of Springtime. But I don’t blame Mother Nature. This is all thanks to climate change which we are responsible for. At least I got to shoot this recipe with some cool lighting after 12 noon!
This recipe was adapted from Seonkyounglongest.com. She is one of the second queens of Korean cuisine aside from Maangchi. I love her recipes so much and she’s one you need to check out. She also has a great YouTube Channel.
I removed a couple ingredients to make this more accessible and changed the ingredient measurements.
For this Recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
Canned Tuna (Korean brand is suggested)
Chicken Broth or Veggie Broth
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Tuna Kimchi Jjigae recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Tuna Kimchi Jjigae for One
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 cup kimchi sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 small cooking onion sliced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 stalks green onion cut into 1 inch long pieces
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can tuna in oil
- In a small pot, sauteed your kimchi, garlic and onions in avocado oil.
- Then pour in stock, kimchi juice and add some green onions to the pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes covered.
- Remove the pot off the stove and top off with fresh green onions and canned tuna with oil into your stew. Pair with steamed rice.