Vegan Kimchi Fries. So delicious, easy to make and totally satisfying. Perfect as a side dish for dinner or lunch or as a filling snack. Takes 50 minutes to make but totally worth it!
These thick-cut fries topped off with some vegan kimchi, vegan mayo and green onions is such an amazing and simple combination that will blow your socks off.
One night when I was super hungry, I had some leftover thick cut fries that I made from scratch earlier. I wanted to fancy them up so I added some kimchi, mayo and some green onions and my taste buds went to heaven!
If you’re not a fan of kimchi then this recipe is not for you. But if you are, then you will love this unless you are not a fan of potatoes. Then I don’t know how to help you lol.
For this Recipe
You will need organic yellow russet potatoes with the skin on, vegan kimchi, vegan mayo, green onions, avocado oil, paprika, and garlic powder.
- I would not recommended seasoning your fries with salt as the kimchi is pretty salt as it is.
- Place your fries on the middle rack when baking
- I would highly recommend lining your baking sheet with a reusable baking liner so the fries do not stick. I use these liners by Unstick
Where can I find vegan kimchi and vegan mayo?
Vegan Kimchi can be found at your Korean grocer. It is a specific item but a lot of korean grocers carry it now as more people are becoming vegan. I use vegan kimchi by the brand Pulmuone.
Vegan mayo can be found at most major Canadian grocers. I use Vegenaise by Follow your Heart.
Are you vegan?
No. I don’t believe in labelling how I eat. However, I do love to enjoy a good meatless meal every now and then while also honouring my body’s needs. I tried going vegan a couple of years back and it was incredibly challenging physically and emotionally.
I felt very restricted from eating what I wanted and I decided it was not for me as much as I wanted to help the environment by reducing my carbon footprint. However, I have a great respect for those who are and if you are able to do it properly, then good for you!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Vegan Kimchi Fries a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review with a star rating! I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Vegan Kimchi Fries
- Large Baking Sheet
- 8 organic yellow russet potatoes with skin on & sliced into thick cut fries
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika powder
- Vegan Mayonnaise as much as desired
- 1 cup Vegan Kimchi or as much as desired
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a large lined baking sheet, spread your thick cut fries. Add oil, paprika powder, and garlic powder overtop. Using your hands, massage the oil and spices into the fries until well coated. Bake for 35 minutes on the middle rack, flipping them halfway through.
- Remove fries from oven and transfer them to a large plate. Top off with vegan mayo, vegan kimchi and green onions. Serve while hot and enjoy!