Creamy Tomato Zucchini Penne. Delicious, filling and so creamy. Dairy-free and vegan. Perfect for dinner or lunch. Takes 25 minutes to make!
The combination of the creamy mushroom tomato sauce with zucchini and penne pasta is really one that works! This is such an easy meal idea that comes together quickly and is perfect for a weeknight as well.
I love pasta. You’ll notice a lot of my recipes are pasta driven. For one, it’s delicious. Two, it keeps satiated without having to add meat if I want to go meatless one meal. I also find that it’s easier to build a plant-based diet around Italian cuisine as a lot of it is founded on tomatoes, grains, herbs, eggplant, zucchini and other delicious vegetables.
This recipe is my Creamy Tomato Zucchini Penne with some mushrooms without the use of cheese. It’s SO SIMPLE to make. You just need organic creamy mushroom soup, good quality marinara sauce, 1 onion, 1 zucchini, box of pasta, flat leaf parsley (optional), and olive oil! It’s a 25-minute pasta recipe and it’s great as leftovers.
In this recipe, I’m cooking with my favourite olive oil by Terra Delyssa which you can find at Costco and Walmart. And I’m cooking with my all-time favourite marinara sauce by Victoria Fine Foods, I use it all the time for my pasta’s and it never fails me. For the pasta, I use Barilla Pasta and recently I just discovered they introduced a fully organic pasta line which I need to try one day! I like the taste and texture of their pastas along with the fact that they’re aiming to reduce their carbon footprint by lowering CO2 emissions, electricity and water usage. Read more about their sustainability mission here. They’re also such an accessible brand so why not use them.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Creamy Tomato Zucchini Penne recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Creamy Tomato Zucchini Penne
- 450 g of penne pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1.5 cups store-bought vegan mushroom soup
- 1-2 zucchinis sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- handful of flat leaf italian parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large boiling pot of salted water, boil pasta according to package instructions. Save 1/4 cup of the pasta water for later. Strain pasta and set aside. Tip: For Al-Dente texture, boil pasta 1 minute less than the instructed time as you will be mixing the pasta into the hot sauce later.
- In another large saucepan set on medium heat, fry onions in olive oil. Fry until fragrant, add in sliced zucchinis and fry for until they are tender brown on each side.
- Add in the marinara sauce, creamy mushroom soup and reserved pasta water. Throw in the parsley. Mix until well combined and bring sauce to a boil. Shut off the heat. Add in the strained pasta and mix until penne is coated, only 1 minute. Remove off heat. Serve immediately and enjoy!