Chinese Salt & Pepper Tofu. A delicious way to elevate your tofu with Asian flavours. Perfect as a side dish for dinner or lunch.
This is one of my favourite ways of cooking with tofu. It’s delicious, flavourful with that salt and pepper kick. It’s also a tad spicy if you use red chili but you can always omit that.
Chinese Salt & Pepper Tofu is a great side dish when paired with some white rice and veggies. It’s commonly served at Chinese restaurants and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already!
Watch how I made this!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
600 grams extra firm tofu, diced
6 garlic cloves minced
2 tsp ginger, chopped
1 red chilli sliced
2 stalk spring onion chopped
1 tsp cane sugar
1.5 tbsp Dry Sherry Wine
1/3 cup Avocado oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp Dry Sherry Wine
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 tbsp cornstarch
Tips for Making this Dish:
- Pat dry your tofu after dicing it into cubes as this allows the batter to stick better
- When making your marinade, the corn starch will be sticky but that’s ok. Keep whisking until it’s well combined.
- When marinating your tofu, allow it to sit in the marinade for 5 minutes to let the flavours soak in.
- You only want to cook the tofu over medium heat or the batter will burn
- When adding the tofu, do not pour it in with the batter. Instead, add it piece by piece allows the excess batter to drain back into the mixing bowl.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Chinese Salt & Pepper Tofu recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Chinese Salt & Pepper Tofu
- 600 grams extra firm tofu diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 2 stalk spring onion chopped
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Dry Sherry Wine
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Dry Sherry Wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your marinade ingredients.
- Pat dry your diced tofu. Add tofu to the marinade and mix. Allow this to sit for 5 minutes.
- Then in a hot pan set over medium heat, add avocado oil.
- To the pan, add in your battered tofu several pieces at a time, draining the excess batter back into the bowl. Fry your tofu until golden brown on each side.
- Finally, add in garlic, ginger, red chili, cane sugar, green onions, and dry sherry over your tofu. Quickly stir fry together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!