Janchi Guksu (Warm Korean Noodles). A delicious comforting bowl of chewy noodles with soft boiled egg on top and a spicy kimchi sauce. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
This dish is something I really enjoy making when I am craving a bowl of warm Korean noodles. I love drinking the soup with the chewy noodles and that spicy kimchi green onion sauce is the best when paired with this dish. And oh that soft boiled egg on top just brings all the flavours together.
This recipe was adapted from Maangchi.com. I absolutely love her YouTube Channel and I make a lot of her recipes. She’s inspired me to feel confident in cooking Korean food at home. I hope you check out her blog and YouTube channel, she’s absolutely adorable!
I made some changes to the original recipe. One of which is not using the anchovy stock. I know that’s the authentic way of making this recipe but I’m sorry I really can’t handle the smell of anchovy stock inside my house lol. And I’m sure many others can agree. Anytime a recipe calls for that, I have to cook it outside or my husband will complain non-stop haha. By replacing the anchovy stock with a vegetable stock, it definitely makes this recipe a lot easier and more accessible to all.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Janchi Guksu (Warm Korean Noodles) recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Janchi Guksu (Korean Warm Noodles)
- 10 oz somyeon thin wheat flour noodles
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds ground
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 4 stalks green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper paste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 14 cups vegetable stock
- 6 pieces dried kelp
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a pot, add your vegetable stock, dried kelp, onion, and green onion. Bring to a boil for 20 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together your sauce ingredients until well combined.
- In a smaller pot, soft boil your eggs for 7-8 minutes without a cover. Ice bath them for easy peeling and to stop the cooking. Slice the eggs in half.
- Lastly, boil your somyeon noodles for 3 minutes. Then strain under cold water to rinse off the starch and strain.
- Add your noodles to a bowl. Top off with the sauce and egg. Then pour your hot soup around the noodles. Enjoy!