Korean Kimchi Bibim Guksu. Delicious chewy cold noodles mixed in a spicy, vinegary and sweet sauce! Perfect for a quick dinner or lunch as it only takes 10 minutes to make!
To make it vegan, omit the egg.
Below I also share a non-spicy version with you but it does not contain kimchi or gochujang paste but it’s just as delicious!
When I first heard about this dish, I was so fascinated by it. Mainly because the noodles were served cold but they have this delicious chewy texture. So I had to create my version of it. This one is SUPER easy to make as it only requires your noodles to be mixed in the same bowl that you made your sauce. If you opt for no cucumbers, it’ll one a one-bowl recipe!
It’s such a good noodle dish for when the weather is warmer as the noodles are so refreshing! These noodles do carry a spicy kick but the cucumbers provide a cooling after effect 🙂 Or you can try making the non-spicy version below, just omit the gochujang paste and kimchi.
For this recipe
You will need Korean extra thin round wheat noodles, vegan kimchi, soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, gochujang paste and cucumbers and an egg.
Where can I find some of these ingredients?
Korean Extra Thin Wheat Noodles. Any Asian or Korean grocer in the noodle aisle
Vegan Kimchi. Korean or some Asian grocery stores. What makes it vegan is that they don’t use fish sauce in it.
Gochujang Paste. Korean and Asian grocery stores. Check your sauce aisle.
Rice Vinegar. Asian grocers
I hope you’re able to find these ingredients! I also recommend looking online as well!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Korean Kimchi Bibim Guksu recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Korean Kimchi Bibim Guksu
- 100 grams extra thin round wheat noodles
- 1/4 of a cucumber sliced into matchsticks
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste (for non-spicy version, omit this ingredient)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup vegan kimchi chopped (for non-spicy version, omit this ingredient)
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, mix your sauce ingredients together. Use scissors to cut the kimchi finely.
- In the meantime, soft boil an egg for 7 minutes at medium high temperature. Then transfer cooked egg to an ice bath before peeling. Slice in half.
- Then in a pot of boiling hot water, boil your noodles according to packet instructions. Strain the hot water. Rinse very well under cold water until noodles are cold.
- Add strained noodles to your sauce and mix well. Then serve with cucumber.