Kimchi Sausage Fried Rice. A delicious savoury twist on the classic Korean Kimchi Fried rice. Ready in 20 minutes and perfect for dinner or lunch.
This is one my favourite fried rice recipes. It’s so tasty, quick to make and totally satisfying.
The taste of the sausage with the spicy kimchi fried rice really compliment each other so well. And topped off with a fried rice, it’s total heaven in my mouth.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Is this Spicy?
Yes, this kimchi fried rice recipe is spicy but not super spicy. Let’s just say it didn’t make my nose run but there’s a small kick. But it’s a good kick.
If you can’t handle spicy food, then I would not suggest it for you because kimchi is usually quite spicy and paired with some gochujang paste on the rice, it’ll definitely not be easy for you to eat. I share some non-spicy fried rice recipes below.
However, if you do like a little spice, then this kimchi fried rice is totally for you!
Watch how I made this!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients for my kimchi fried rice with sausage:
2.5 cups cooked white rice
1/2 cup kimchi, chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 sausages, diced
1 tbsp gochujang paste (Korean hot pepper paste)
1/4 cup kimchi juice
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp avocado oil
Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
Seasoned Seaweed for garnish, optional
Pin for later!
Where can I find some of these ingredients?
Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste) – you can find this at the Korean grocery story in the sauce aisle usually
Kimchi – you can find this at the Korean grocery story or at an asian grocer in the refrigerated section. I love the brand Pulmuone.
Kimchi Juice – it should come in the same container as your Kimchi. It’s just the juice that it’s marinating in
Seasoned seaweed – Korean grocer or Asian Grocer.
Tips for Making the Best Kimchi Fried Rice
- I recommend actually using same day warm cooked rice. I don’t recommend using day old rice as it takes a lot time to heat the rice back up and causes it to over cook and perhaps go mushy. By using warm cooked rice made on the same day, you don’t have to cook your fried rice for long (maybe 3-4 minutes at most). And it shouldn’t go mushy as long as you can’t flatten it in your pan.
- I always season my fried rice with sesame oil at the end. When you add sesame oil while the rice is cooking in the pan, it changes the way sesame oil tastes.
- Always keep your rice and ingredients moving in the hot pan. I always suggest using a hot wok or a non-stick pan that is well oiled.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Kimchi Sausage Fried Rice recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed my kimchi sausage fried rice recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Kimchi Sausage Fried Rice
- Wok or non-stick pan
- 2.5 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup kimchi chopped
- 2 sausages diced
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste Korean hot pepper paste
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 fried egg
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish optional
- Seasoned Seaweed for garnish optional
- In a pan set over high heat, add avocado oil. Fry your egg until the edges are crispy the whites are fully white and cooked. Remove and set aside.
- To the same pan, add your sausage, shallot, garlic and kimchi. Cook for 5 minutes, moving your ingredients around constantly. Push them the side.
- Add your rice, gochujang paste, and kimchi juice. Mix all of your ingredients together well until every grain of rice is coated in the sauce. Transfer to the serving bowl.
- Place your egg on top. Drizzle sesame oil, sesame seeds and seasoned seaweed on top. Enjoy!