A simple, easy and delicious Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with carrots. Perfect as a side dish for dinner.
It’s a tasty and easy way to get in your fiber content, without it feeling like a chore. The roasted broccoli florets almost taste like salty chips and if you know me, chips are my guilty pleasure (a little too guilty if you ask me). This recipe takes about 15 mins or less to prepare and 40 minutes in the oven.
During the colder seasons, I like to roast a few dishes in the oven. This warms up the house, giving the house a nice aroma of whatever I’m baking and I can even turn down the thermostat in my home to reduce on electricity. Which is a great tip to stay budget friendly and conscious of the planet!
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe, I’m roasting organic cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, unpeeled garlic cloves, Terra Delyssa Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Health Benefits of Broccoli
Did you know that broccoli has some incredible health benefits?
- is low in digestible carbs but provides a decent amount of fiber, which promotes gut health and may reduce your risk of various diseases.
- higher in protein than most vegetables. That said, the amount of protein in each serving is relatively low.
- high in many vitamins and minerals, including folate, potassium, manganese, iron, and vitamins C and K1.
- rich in many plant compounds that have been associated with health benefits. The most abundant one is sulforaphane.
- Broccoli’s isothiocyanates may improve many risk factors for disease and reduce your risk of cancer. What’s more, this vegetable may help lower cholesterol and boost eye health.
So get more of this amazing vegetable in your diet with this dish!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Pin for later!
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower chopped
- 2 bunches of broccoli chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves sliced into half
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare ingredients as listed above.
- In the large baking sheet, add in the chopped vegetables. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the vegetables. Using your hands, massage the seasoning and oil into the vegetables, especially the broccoli florets.
- Bake for 40 mins. Serve immediately and enjoy!