Chinese Garlic Yu Choy. A delicious, garlicky vegetable side dish that is versatile for any meal! It comes together quickly in 10 minutes! This recipe is vegan.
This is one of my favourite ways to have vegetables especially when I am craving Yu Choy. It is a tasty leafy green that is usually sold at Chinese grocers.
It’s not commonly used compared to Bok Choy or Gai-lan but it’s delicious! This vegetable has subtle flavour to it. It’s not bitter or sweet but just right! I love that it has a stalk and a leaf at the top for a variety of fibrous textures.
It works so well combined with noodles especially but here I am featuring as a side dish.
Other related recipes you may like!
Watch how I made this!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp garlic
4 cups yu choy unpacked
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dry sherry wine
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
Where can I buy Yu Choy?
You can purchase it at most Chinese or Asian grocers. It is a leafy green with a stalk. It looks like Gai-Lan but the stalk is less thick and the leafy is smaller.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Chinese Garlic Yu Choy recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Chinese Garlic Yu Choy
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 4 cups yu choy unpacked chopped into thirds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry wine
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Chinese Garlic Yu Choy. A delicious, garlicky vegetable side dish that is versatile for any meal! It comes together quickly in 10 minutes!
- In a hot pan over medium heat, add oil and garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Quickly add yu choy and mix it with the garlic and oil.
- Then add soy sauce, dry sherry wine and cover with a lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and season with sesame oil. Enjoy!