Stir-fried Snow Pea Leaves. A tasty way to elevate your snow pea leaves! Cooked in garlic and ginger. This is such a delicious and healthy side dish.
This is a popular Chinese vegetable side dish that I always order. It’s so delicious and honestly, a bit addictive. It pairs well with steamed rice and a protein.
There are many ways to cook this vegetable but I’m showing you the most popular way to cook it in Asian cuisine.
If you’re not familiar with Snow Pea Leaves, when cooked down it has the texture of Kale as the leaves are soft and the stems are chewier. They’re also very nutritious. This dish helps me get my veggie intake without feeling like a chore. It’s also very quick to make.
This dish is made with all vegan sauces. Typically this is cooked with oyster sauce but I’ve substituted it with Vegetarian Stir Fry Sauce that can be purchased at T&T. I’m also using avocado oil for this recipe rather than vegetable oil.
Watch how I made this!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Stir Fried Snow Pea Leaves recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Stir-fried Snow Pea Leaves
- 1 lb of snow pea leaves washed and strained
- 4 garlic cloves 2 cloves to be thinly sliced and 2 cloves to be finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of sliced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetarian stir fry sauce similar consistency to oyster sauce
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. In a small bowl, mix together the vegetarian stir-fry sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and cane sugar until well combined.
- In a large wok or pan set on medium heat, pour your avocado oil in. Immediately throw in the sliced garlic (not minced), fry until they’re brown and crispy. With a slotted spoon, remove the crispy garlic as a garnish for later.
- Next in the same pan, add in the minced garlic and most of your sliced ginger leaving some for a garnish later. Cook until tender. Toss in the snow pea leaves. Cover with a lid and let it steam for a couple of minutes until half of the leaves have wilted.
- Uncover the lid and turn over the snow pea leaves. Cover back again for another 3-5 minutes until all the leaves have wilted.
- Once all leaves have wilted, pour in the sauce. Toss together until thoroughly combined. Then remove the leaves only by plating them, reserving the sauce in the pan.
- Turn up the heat in the pan to high and allow the sauce to reduce. When sauce has reduced to half, pour the sauce over the snow pea leaves. Garnish with crispy garlic and sliced ginger. Serve immediately and enjoy.