I am sharing a delicious elegant and simple to make Vegan Fruit Jelly Cake! It’s light, refreshing and naturally sweetened. Perfect for dessert and packed with a variety of fruit. Also a great way to impress guests!
For this recipe, you’ll need 3 of your favourite fruits diced up if they are not small enough, water, juice, agar agar powder, maple syrup and coconut milk!
When people see this recipe they think it’s hard AF to make lol but I TELL YOU IT’S NOT! It’s legit like making jello and adding in some fruit. Seriously and if you can’t make jello then I’m sorry I can’t help you there lol.
You can also watch how I make this fruit jelly cake on my YouTube Channel!
But since this is recipe blog, I figured I’d share some pointers on making jellies so you don’t waste your time and toss the whole thing out because the layers are perfect! Even if they aren’t, totally worth eating because #nofoodwaste please.
tips for making jelly cake or jellies
- Always whisk your agar agar powder into the liquid before you heat it. This allows for the agar agar powder to mix in with the ingredients well to prevent any clumps.
- Use a whisk! This ensure even distribution of your liquids. A fork does not cut it.
- Make sure to monitor your jelly liquid and do not over boil. Once it hits a boil, lower it to a very low simmer. Keep your jelly liquid over low heat before pouring into the mold. This ensures your jelly stays as a liquid. If you remove it off the heat source, it will solidify very quickly.
- Once your slowly and carefully pour your first layer of jelly into the mold and freeze it to firm the layer faster!
Thanks to Hot Thai Kitchen for inspiring me to make this Fruit Jelly Cake. You all need to follow her for all wonderful jelly recipes. In fact, she was the one who inspired me to start experimenting with agar agar powder!
Well I hope you give this Vegan Fruit Jelly Cake a try!
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Vegan Fruit Jelly Cake
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 2/3 cup fruit juice of your choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1¾ tsp agar agar powder
- 1/3 cup mango diced
- 1/3 cup strawberries dices
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ tsp + ⅛ tsp agar agar powder
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- In a small pot, whisk together water, fruit juice, maple syrup, agar agar powder. Bring to a boil and pour liquid into your glass container. Then add in fruits and stir to distribute the colours. Freeze without a cover for 30 minutes to speed up the firming process.
- In a small pot, whisk together coconut milk, water, agar agar powder and maple syrup. Pour this liquid over your firm fruit layer. Seal and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight to firm completely.