Chinese Soy Sauce Eggs. So simple and so delicious. A common way to eat eggs in Asia for breakfast or lunch or sometimes dinner!
This only calls for 3 ingredients: eggs, oil and soy sauce! Pair it with white rice and your favourite veggies and you have yourself an easy delicious balanced meal.
I was even debating whether I should create a recipe for this, but I knew I would get questions along the way so you’re welcome lol.
As complex as Asian recipes “seem” to be with the wide variety of sauces and flavours, we also can be SUPER SIMPLE. Like to the point of laziness or as we like to call it “efficient” lol. And that’s where these Soy Sauce Eggs originates from.
Tips on Making the Best Soy Sauce Eggs?
- Make those eggs crispy on the edges! How? Heat your flat non-stick pan on high heat. Then add oil and then crack your egg in the center to get that nice round shape
- The high heat allows for the egg to cook immediately as soon as it touches the surface instead of sliding down the pan creating a non-round shape
- Fry it until those edges are crispy brown. The crispy texture with that soft middle and soy sauce is the key!
- After the eggs are cooked, transfer to your plate and when you’re ready to serve, then pour a little bit of soy sauce overtop.
- I recommend using light low sodium soy sauce for this recipe
- I would not season your eggs, just fry them in oil and that’s it. If you season them, it’ll overpower the soy sauce or worse make your eggs too salty
- I also recommend purchasing free-range eggs. Happier hens produce healthier eggs!
Well I hope you give my Chinese Soy Sauce Eggs a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review with a star rating! I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Chinese Soy Sauce Eggs
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp Avocado oil for cooking
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce per two eggs
- In a hot pan set over high heat, add avocado oil. Crack eggs in the center of your pan for that round shape. Once the eggs have developed their shape, lower heat to medium. Fry eggs until they develop crispy brown edges for texture.
- Transfer eggs to a plate. Pour soy sauce over top. Serve with rice and vegetables. Enjoy!