Today I’m sharing my delicious, easy recipe for Fluffy Earl Grey Pancakes! These pancakes are infused with the flavour of earl grey tea leaves. This would be a perfect dish for breakfast or brunch!
My Fluffy Earl Grey Pancakes are also dairy-free can be made into a gluten-free recipe if you substitute the flour with oat flour of gluten free 1:1 baking flour.
This recipe only calls for all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, maple syrup, oat milk, GOOD QUALITY earl grey tea leaves, one free range egg and coconut oil.
Other recipes you may like!
Pin for later!
Before I share the recipe I want to tell you the history and nutritional benefits of Earl Grey tea!
History & Benefits of Earl Grey Tea
This tea is commonly known as Earl Grey Tea but it’s original name is actually Bergamot Tea. “Bergamot tea is typically made from black tea leaves and the fruit of the Citrus bergamia tree. The tea leaves are either sprayed with bergamot extract or essential oil, or mixed with dried bergamot rinds, giving the tea a mild citrus-like taste.
Since it received its nickname from the British prime minister Earl Grey, bergamot tea is often considered English. However, it’s native to Southeast Asia and widely cultivated in Southern Italy today.
You can find bergamot tea in most grocery stores — with or without caffeine, additional ingredients, and other flavorings.
The plant compounds in bergamot may provide a variety of health benefits, but most studies have focused on bergamot essential oil, juice, or supplements instead of tea”.
Possible Benefits include:
“Bergamot tea may improve certain risk factors for heart disease. Bergamot products have been shown to lower cholesterol levels, while black tea has been linked to decreased blood pressure.
Research on bergamot juice and supplements, as well as on black tea, suggests that bergamot tea may improve heart health and digestion. Yet, no studies have analyzed the effects of bergamot tea in humans.
However excessive intake may lead to muscle cramps, cause caffeine jitters, or reduce iron absorption.”
How To Infuse Earl Grey Tea into the Pancakes?
It’s really easy! You simply fill your small pot with milk of choice. Then place a self-standing tea strainer with the tea leaves inside and allow this to boil. Once it boils, remove off the heat. You may also simply add in a tea bag.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Fluffy Earl Grey Pancakes recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Fluffy Earl Grey Pancakes
- Electric mixer for icing
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour (For Gluten-Free, use oat flour or gluten free baking flour)
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp good quality loose leaf earl grey tea leaves or 2 tea bags
- 1 free-range egg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
Blue Dairy-Free Coconut Icing
cup coconut milk (fat portion only)
- 1.5 tbsp vegan icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp blue spirulina powder
- In a bowl, mix together your dry ingredients.
- In a small pot set on high heat, add oat milk and place a self standing tea strainer with tea leaves inside. Alternatively, add two tea bags into the milk. Bring to a boil until the milk is brown. Remove off heat and cool.
- In an another bowl mix your wet ingredients. Then pour wet ingredient into dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- On a skillet set over medium heat greased with coconut oil, pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter. Fry on each side until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Serve with icing or a natural sweetener like maple syrup.
- In a mix, using an electric mixer, mix the coconut cream, blue spirulina powder and icing sugar together. Serve over your pancakes.