Today I’m sharing the second toast recipe this week: Dill Cucumber Toast with dairy-free cream cheese. If you missed my first toast recipe posted earlier this week – Bruschetta Toast, please click here for it. Both are made with vegan cream cheese by a brand called Toffuti and it tastes very close to the real thing! Texture and taste are pretty bang on, the only part missing is that sour taste you get from cheese which I could do without to be honest.
The bread I’m using for this toast is Bavarian Light Rye Sourdough Bread by a new bread company called Stonemill Slow Crafted Bakehouse. I LOVE their breads because they are SO TASTY. They’re non-GMO, eco-friendly and their breads are fully fermented giving you the best taste unlike other factory breads. “Typical factory bread is made in a high speed process, that takes as little as 3 hours, by using chemicals and/or artificial additives to reduce mixing and fermentation times and to replace moisture as their bread has lower water consumption. At Stonemill, we ferment our dough for as long as 24 hours to create the deliciously complex flavour of our breads, making every bite even more delicious than the last. Fermenting our dough allows us to make breads without adding chemical additives, sugar or fat. Instead, our bread is full of nutrients and optimal for metabolization and digestibility.” – Stonemill Bakehouse. Their breads are sold at most major Canadian grocers. Click here to find your nearest location.
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do, please share it with your family and friends!
Take good care,
DILL CUCUMBER TOAST RECIPE
YIELDS 2 PCS | PREP TIME 5 MINS
- 2 slices of sourdough bavarian light rye bread
- 2-4 tbsp of dairy-free plain cream cheese
- 10 very thin slices of cucumber, unpeeled
- 4 small twigs of fresh dill, washed and dried
- Toast your bread. Meanwhile, prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- Once bread is toasted, spread desired amount of cream cheese over top. Next layer with sliced cucumber. Top off with fresh dill (as much as you desire). Serve immediately and enjoy!