Tofu Vegetable Chow Mein. Delicious, healthy, vegetable packed noodles with a soy based sauce. Easy to make in less 30 minutes. Perfect for dinner or lunch.
This vegetarian noodle dish is perfect for those days when you’re craving some Chinese food but you also want to keep it light.
My recipe is not as greasy as the ones at the Chinese restaurants and is filled with a variety of veggies and plant based proteins!
It’s a great side dish or as a meal on its own and it’s not difficult to make at all!
You can also swap out the veggies for any veggies that you prefer! Although I suggest sticking to leafy greens, carrots and celery for that delicious flavour.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1 lb Cantonese style chow mein
3 cups snow pea leaves
1 carrot sliced into matchsticks
2 celery stalks, sliced horizontally
2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
210 grams organic smoked tofu, diced
2 tbsp organic light soy sauce
1 tbsp organic dark soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp rice mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp avocado oil
Optional : Sesame seeds
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Tofu Vegetable Chow Mein recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Tofu Vegetable Chow Mein
- 1 lb Cantonese style chow mein
- 3 cups snow pea leaves
- 1 carrot sliced into matchsticks
- 2 celery stalks sliced horizontally
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 210 grams organic smoked tofu diced
- 2 tbsp organic light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp organic dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp rice mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- Optional : Sesame seeds
- Soak your chow mein noodles in hot water for 3 minutes until loosened. Strain in a colander, season with sesame oil and set aside.
- In a hot wok set on medium high heat, with 1 tbsp of avocado oil, fry your diced tofu on all sides until evenly browned. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Next into the wok, add another tbsp of oil and sauteed your vegetables with garlic until they are softened. Tip: Sauteed vegetables in order of hardness (carrots, celery, cabbage, snow pea leaves). Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil into wok and throw in the noodles. Stir to heat through and hot you begin to see steam, season with salt, pepper, light and dark soy sauce, and mirin. Toss and combine noodles with sauce until they’re evenly coated.
- Then mix back in the vegetables and tofu. Serve and enjoy! Optional: Sprinkle over top with sesame seeds.