Kimchi Fried Rice. Spicy, savoury and just plain delicious! A popular Korean dish that is perfect for dinner or lunch or if you have leftover rice!
This fried rice is one of my FAVOURITE fried rice recipes ever. Especially when it is paired with a delicious fried egg on top.
The recipe is simple and very easy to make at home. You’ll just need some special ingredients that can be bought at a Korean or Asian grocer which I will list below with regards to which aisle you can check.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
3 cups cooked jasmine rice
1 cup kimchi, chopped
1/4 cup kimchi juice
1/2 cooking onion, diced
1 tsp Korean Gochujang (hot pepper paste)
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp salt
1 stalk green onion, chopped
3 eggs optional
Where can I find some of these ingredients?
You can purchase the kimchi from a Korean grocer or Asian grocer in the refrigerated aisle.
Korean Gochujang paste can be found at a Korean grocer in the sauce or spice aisle.
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Kimchi Fried Rice recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup kimchi chopped
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1/2 cooking onion diced
- 1 tsp Korean Gochujang hot pepper paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- 3 eggs optional
- In a wok set on medium-high heat, fry onions in avocado oil and sesame oil until translucent. Add chopped kimchi and fry for 30 seconds.
- Throw in the cooked rice. Pour in kimchi juice. Add Gochujang paste and salt. Mix everything until well combined and rice is coloured red. Remove off heat and serve fried rice with chopped green onion.
- Optional: Fry egg sunny side up and serve over fried rice.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs