Spam Fried Rice. Delicious, savoury, and filling. Perfect for dinner or lunch as leftovers. Comes together in 30 minutes.
It is one meal that I really enjoy and if you’re not a fan of spam, you can replace it with ham or bacon or just remove it.
It’s salty, savoury and totally hits the spot when I’m craving a quick fried rice.
For this recipe
You will need the following:
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 block of spam
2 green onions
2 tsp garlic minced
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/3 cup frozen peas
1 cup carrots diced
2 eggs whisked
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups cooked rice
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
Watch how I made it!
I was hesitant to post this recipe
Not because it wasn’t good.
I was hesitant about posting this recipe because I thought, “What if people judge me and say this is not healthy?”
And then I thought, “Being healthy doesn’t mean going to the extreme and never eating a lick of ice cream or having a bag of chips.
Health is actually about balance.
Being able to indulge in the foods we love, enjoy them well and not feel judged for our choices. Sometimes we eat well and sometimes we can eat really indulgent foods – and the latter is completely fine! Because stressing over what we put into our bodies is also not good for the body.
It took me a long time to get to this point of finding a balance in my health. I used to be on the extreme end where I only ate healthy foods.
But I was miserable! I wanted my bag of chips and I didn’t want to feel guilty for having them. I also cared way too much about what others thought when it was totally pointless. Their opinions about me don’t matter. Especially if I don’t hear them. I realized a lot of it was in my own head and I had to quiet that voice of insecurity.
And that’s why I changed directions with my blog. No longer posting overly “Healthy” recipes that never made me happy. But instead, being more authentic to who I am as a person and what I like to eat. And what I like to eat is Spam Fried Rice!
Have you ever felt this way? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Spam Fried Rice recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Spam Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 can of spam diced
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 2 eggs whisked
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, fry your spam until golden brown on each side. Then toss in your shallots. Fry until the shallots have softened.
- Next add in avocado oil, green onions and garlic. Give this is a stir and push this to the side of your pan.
- Then add in corn, peas and carrots. Fry and combine with the other ingredients. Then push this to the side.
- Pour in your whisked eggs. Allow this to cook and then break into bite size pieces. Push this to the side.
- Add in cooked rice followed by soy sauce, dark soy sauce, butter, and salt. Toss until the rice and other ingredients are well combined and evenly coated. Every grain should be brown.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle sesame oil over. This should be the last step as sesame oil tends to change taste when it’s over heated.