Chinese Chicken Fried Rice. A simple delicious recipe for fried rice that only takes 30 minutes. Perfect for dinner or leftovers for lunch!
All you need is chicken thighs, eggs, cooked rice, onion, garlic, frozen peas, frozen corn, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and avocado oil. And a secret ingredient: butter! Trust me on the butter.
It’s a great meal prep idea as well when you want to liven up your rice and make it tastier. And the best part about this recipe is that you don’t need to wait for your rice to be a day-old like most recipes suggest. In fact, I rarely make fried rice with day-old rice (read below for why). I find the fried rice tastes better being cooked shortly prior to frying it. But if you do have day-old rice in the fridge, then by all means, please use it!
Tips for cooking fried rice:
- Use rice that has been cooked same day, not day-old rice. This ensures the rice is more tender, reduces frying time and prevents your fried rice from going to mush from overcooking it because it was cold day-old rice.
- Cook your chicken second in line after your onions. This ensures your protein especially if it’s meat-based is cooked thoroughly
- Cook your frozen veggies at the very end. These don’t take much time to cook and prevent your rice from going mushy due to the moisture from the frozen veggies.
- Have your ingredients prepared and lined up for frying. The worst thing that you can do is prepare your ingredients as you’re frantically cooking fried rice on a hot pan.
- At the very end, cook your egg in the same pan by moving all your fried rice to the side. This will keep your eggs nice and hot and you can reduce the number of plates to wash after!
On a personal note
I’ve been learning to be more positive and it’s been so amazing for my mindset. I got through waves of being positive and waves of being stressed/worried about the future that it causes my mindset to be negative. And that’s the key word: future.
When we worry about the future or think of the past in regret, this causes us to see life in a darker lens. However, when we focus on the present moment, our worries slip away from our mind and allow us to see life in a brighter lens. So I hope this note helps you to think more positively. Just remember there’s only so much we can control in life. So here’s to focusing on one day at a time and doing our best with that!
Well I hope you give this Chinese Chicken Fried Rice a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review with a star rating! I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups white rice washed and cooked
- 2 free-range eggs whisked
- 1 small cooking onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, marinade your chicken with marinade ingredients.
- In a hot pan set on high heat, add avocado oil. Fry onions until translucent. Then add in marinated chicken. Spread it apart to cook it faster.
- Then add in garlic and white rice. Season with soy sauce, salt, pepper and butter. Mix to combine.
- Move rice aside and add in frozen peas and corn. Once they steam, mix in with rice.
- Move the fried aside to one side of the pan and pour in whisked eggs. Allow this to cook and then break apart into bite size pieces. Mix in with rice. Serve hot and enjoy!