Chinese Beef and Broccoli. Tender beef stir fried with broccoli in a delicious flavourful sauce. Great for dinner or lunch. Ready in 30 minutes!
This easy Chinese beef and broccoli stir fry recipe is a staple in many Asian households for good reason! It’s packed with flavour thanks to the glossy oyster stir fry sauce and beef marinade. In addition, it’s quick to make for a weeknight meal and simple enough to make as a crowd pleaser.
Easy & Quick
This Chinese beef broccoli stir fry recipe is super fast and easy to make as everything is cooked in one wok or pan! In fact, once you make it the first time, you won’t even want to get takeout anymore as it’s most cost effective and simple to make it at home! This whole recipe comes together in just 30 minutes or less!
The beef is also so tender, pairing deliciously with the crunchy broccoli. A perfect partner to steamed white rice. This will be the best Chinese beef and broccoli recipe you’ve ever tried! To get the beef tender, I share a common Chinese marinating ingredient that gets the beef super tender. This technique is called velveting and it requires the usage of baking soda.
What you’ll need
The below ingredients are required in this authentic Chinese beef and broccoli recipe. ***Please scroll down to the below Recipe card for full measurements***
- flank steak
- avocado oil, or any neutral tasting oil
Stir Fry Sauce:
- oyster sauce
- chicken stock, unsalted
- sesame oil
- regular soy sauce
- Shaoxing wine
- white granulated sugar
- baking soda
- white pepper
How to Make Chinese Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Below are visuals to show you how to make the best beef and broccoli stir fry. Please scroll down to the recipe card below to find full instructions and details.
Other Stir-Fry recipes you may like!
If you enjoyed this beef and broccoli recipe, you may enjoy these other stir fry recipes:
Try My Simple Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
I hope you give my Chinese Beef and Broccoli a try and enjoy it!
If you enjoyed my Chinese style beef and broccoli, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture of your re-creation and make sure to tag me @ChristieAtHome in your feed or stories as I would love to see it!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Chinese Beef and Broccoli
- 250 grams flank steak thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- ½ inch ginger sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or any neutral tasting oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Marinate thinly sliced beef with Marinade ingredients (as listed above) for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix Stir Fry Sauce ingredients (as listed above) until well combined and set aside.
- In a wok or pan on medium heat, add oil. Once oil is hot, fry beef until 95% cooked. Remove beef from pan.
- Into the pan, add ginger, garlic, and broccoli. Pour water into pan and mix with broccoli. Cook until broccoli becomes vibrant green, about 1 minute.
- Once broccoli is vibrant green, pour in stir fry sauce and mix together. Let sauce thicken.
- Once sauce is thick, add back in cooked beef and toss everything together. Remove off heat. Serve and enjoy.