Hoisin Chicken Noodles. Thick yellow noodles covered in a glossy savoury sweet sauce accompanied with tender flavourful chicken and greens.
A delicious, easy, quick meal for dinner or lunch. Scrumptious with every bite! Ready in just 30 minutes.
When I’m craving noodles with a savoury and sweet taste, these are the noodles I make. They are so good especially when they’re paired with some tender juicy chicken and your favourite veggies.
This hoisin chicken noodle is filling and so satisfying. And the best part is it comes together pretty quickly! Ps. I also share many other noodle recipes including my 15 Popular Asian Noodle list so check it out!
Easy to make!
This hoisin chicken noodle stir fry is easy to make at home and if you have an Asian pantry then you won’t need many more additional ingredients. It comes together in 30 minutes or less!
My hoisin chicken and noodle stir fry is fantastic for lunch at the office for leftovers too! And they will smell so good as you re-heat them! All your co-workers are going to be asking, “What smells so good?” and you can nonchalantly say, “Oh it’s my lunch” even though you’re beaming with pride inside haha.
I love making these for my husband because he loves hoisin and this will satisfy all the hoisin lovers in your life! I mean you really can’t go wrong with hoisin, chicken and noodles.
Other recipes you may like!
SPICY PEANUT NOODLES
VEGAN ASIAN SESAME NOODLES
SICHUAN DAN DAN NOODLES
HOISIN BEEF NOODLE STIR-FRY
MUSHROOM UDON NOODLE STIR-FRY
SESAME SAUSAGE UDON STIR-FRY
FISH CAKE UDON STIR FRY
STIR FRIED VEGETABLE TOFU UDON
Tips for making tasty Hoisin Chicken Noodles
- First season your chicken with the marinade ingredients and then prep your other ingredients. This will give the time a little bit more time for the chicken to absorb the surrounding flavours.
- Cut the carrots and greens into long pieces. If you’re short on time, skip cutting the carrots into matchsticks but slice them vertically so that they incorporate better with the noodles.
- Quickly blanch the noodles for only 20-30 seconds and no longer. Any longer and it’ll result in soggy noodles.
- Pre-mix your noodle sauce ahead of time. This will prevent your noodles from overcooking in the hot pan.
- Brown your chicken a bit for a delicious, caramelized flavour.
Can I use other noodles for this dish?
Yes, feel free to use another thick noodle such as udon noodles. I wouldn’t suggest using a thin noodle.
What is hoisin sauce made of?
The main ingredient of hoisin sauce is fermented soybean paste along with sweet potato, wheat flour, water, sugar, soybeans, sesame seeds, vinegar, salt, and garlic.
What goes good with hoisin sauce?
Many ingredients pair well with this wonderful, sweet sauce and these are some ideas:
- Soup Noodles
- Noodle Stir Fries
- Asian leafy greens
- Asian Salad
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Steamed rice noodles
- Egg or spring rolls
What is hoisin sauce good for?
Hoisin sauce is a fantastic thick sweet sauce that can be used to marinate and flavour meats, noodles, as a condiment, in a salad dressing and more! You really can get creative with this delicious sauce.
What is the difference between oyster sauce and hoisin sauce?
Both are very thick, glossy and delicious but hoisin sauce is more sweet like a BBQ style sauce while oyster sauce has a more savoury umami taste.
Is hoisin sauce healthy?
I would not say it’s a health food as it’s quite high in sodium.
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
2 chicken thighs, sliced
3 cups leafy greens, chopped
2 carrots, sliced into matchsticks
800 grams miki noodles
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
2 eggs, whisked
3 tsp cooking oil
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp hoisin sauce
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp regular soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
½ tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
½ tsp cornstarch
½ cup water
How to make Hoisin Chicken Noodles
In a medium size bowl, mix together your marinade and add in chicken thigh slices. Mix well and set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together your noodle sauce ingredients. Set aside to prepare the vegetables.
Then in a wok or large pan filled with water, bring to a boil and carefully lower noodles. Loosen and blanch for just 20-30 seconds. Quickly strain in a colander.
In the same pan, add 2 tsp cooking oil and fry chicken until 75% cooked (no longer pink).
To the same pan, add carrots and fry until softened, about 2 minutes.
Next add leafy greens and fry until leaves have wilted.
Push everything to the side, add 1 more tsp of oil and pour in whisked eggs. Fry eggs until they are cooked and break them apart in pan.
Throw in strained noodles. Pour in noodle sauce. Give everything a mix until well combined. Serve hot and enjoy!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Hoisin Chicken Noodles a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed my hoisin chicken and noodles, please share it with your family and friends or on social media!
Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @ChristieAtHome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating for my hoisin sauce chicken noodles, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post for my hoisin sauce chicken noodle recipe contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Easy Hoisin Chicken Noodles
- 2 chicken thighs sliced
- 3 cups leafy greens chopped
- 2 carrots sliced into matchsticks
- 800 grams thick yellow noodles (also known as Miki Noodles)
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 eggs whisked
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp regular soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- In a medium size bowl, mix together your marinade and add in chicken thigh slices. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together your noodle sauce ingredients. Set aside and prepare the vegetables.
- Then in a wok or large pan filled with water, bring to a boil and carefully lower noodles. Loosen and blanch for just 20-30 seconds. Quickly strain in a colander.
- In the same pan, add 2 tsp cooking oil and fry chicken until 75% cooked (no longer pink). Then add cooking wine to deglaze the pan.
- To the same pan, add carrots and fry until softened, about 2 minutes. Next add leafy greens and fry until leaves have wilted.
- Push everything to the side, add 1 more tsp of oil and pour in whisked eggs. Fry eggs until they are cooked and break them apart in pan.
- Throw in strained noodles. Pour in noodle sauce. Give everything a mix until combined. Remove off heat immediately. Serve hot and enjoy!