Hoisin Beef Noodle Stir-fry. Sweet, savoury chewy thick noodles with tender hoisin flavoured beef, gai-lan, and red bell peppers. A delicious option for dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to make. This works well as leftovers for lunch.
This hoisin beef noodle stir fry is truly scrumptious and it hits the spot every time. The beef is quickly marinated in a way to make the beef soft, chewy and bouncy. If you're not a fan of beef, feel free to substitute for chicken or pork. Then when you pair the beef with that crunchy leafy gai-lan and red bell peppers with the chewy noodles it is a dance party in your mouth!
As mentioned above, these noodles would serve well as leftovers up to 3-4 days. I love making them ahead and re-heating them for later in the microwave or pan.
Where can I find these noodles?
The noodles I'm using in this hoisin beef noodles recipe are egg noodles. They are yellow, thick and chewy. You can purchase them at certain Asian grocers sold in the refrigerated section. I bought mine at H-Mart and T&T. If you can't find these noodles and have searched high and low, feel free to use udon noodles or even wide thick rice noodles.
Should I boil these noodles?
I wouldn't recommend boiling them but you only want to blanch for 30-40 seconds at most. Then quickly strain them. Anymore and the noodles will go soggy if you pan fry them.
Tips for making hoisin beef with noodles
- Always have your veggies and protein chopped thinly. When you chop it this way, it allows for your ingredients to mix better with the noodles since noodles are long and thin as well
- Pre-marinate your meat for 5 minutes and baking soda and cornstarch as a must to make this beef tender
- Pre-mix your noodle sauce. It'll make things easier when you toss the sauce over your noodles and prevents the noodles from overcooking because you have your noodle sauce ready to throw in
- Don't overcook your noodles. Your noodles are cooked so once they combine with the sauce and the remaining ingredients get those noodles onto a serving plate asap!
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients for my hoisin beef stir fry with noodles:
800 grams thick chewy egg noodles, blanched
134 grams grilling steak, sliced thinly
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 green onion stalk, finely chopped
3 cups Gai Lan chopped, sliced thinly with ends cut off
1 tbsp garlic minced
1 tbsp cooking oil
Beef noodles hoisin sauce:
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tbsp sugar
½ tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp hoisin sauce
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp cornstarch
½ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
How to make this
Whisk your noodle sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Marinate your sliced beef with the marinade ingredients.
Blanch your noodles in hot boiling water for 30-40 seconds. Strain immediately and set aside.
In a pan set over medium high heat, add oil and marinated beef. Cook the beef until 75% cooked.
Once the beef is mostly cooked, toss in your red bell pepper, gai-lan, garlic and green onions. Cook until the veggies have wilted.
Throw in cooked noodles along with noodle sauce.
Mix everything until noodles are well combined with meat and veggies and each strand of noodle is coated in the sauce.
Once coated, immediately transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Hoisin Beef Noodle Stir-fry recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this hoisin beef and noodles, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @ChristieAtHome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating for my Hoisin Beef Noodles, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Hoisin Beef Noodle Stir-fry (25-min. Recipe)
- 800 grams thick yellow noodles blanched
- 134 grams beef steak sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 stalk green onion finely chopped
- 3 cups gai lan sliced thinly with ends cut off
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Marinate your sliced beef with the marinade ingredients.
- Whisk together your noodle sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Blanch your noodles in hot boiling water for 30-40 seconds. Strain immediately and set aside.
- In a pan set over medium high heat, add oil and marinated beef. Cook the beef until 75% cooked.
- Once the beef is mostly cooked, toss in your red bell pepper, gai-lan, garlic and green onions. Cook until the veggies have wilted.
- Throw in cooked noodles along with noodle sauce.
- Mix everything until noodles are well combined with meat and veggies and each strand of noodle is coated in the sauce.
- Once coated, immediately transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!