Mini Dutch Pancakes. Tiny morsels of soft pancake goodness in your mouth! Dairy-free and made in the ease of a blender. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
My mini dutch pancakes recipe originate from the Netherlands and are also called Poffertjes. They’re tender and absolutely tasty! A must-try if you’re a pancake lover. Perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Other Pancake recipes you may like!
What are mini dutch pancakes?
They are mini sized soft little pancakes that are usually covered with a sweet topping of your choice, such as chocolate, a thick vanilla syrup, or fruits.
I first had them in Switzerland during my travels there and it was love at first bite! So much that I had to go back and get seconds. And thirds on the next day! It was that delicious. Especially with the caramel sauce they drizzled over top. Pure heaven. If I ever go back to Switzerland, I am going to have them every single day while I’m there because that was my biggest regret! In fact there were so many delicious foods there that I still have yet to try!
About this mini dutch baby pancakes recipe
This recipe is made with a blender and is dairy-free. You can easily achieve the same results without a blender but ensure your sift the flour. The blender just makes it easier in terms of combining the ingredients well without any clumps.
Do I need a special pan for this recipe?
Yes, you will need a special mini dutch pancakes pan called an “Aebleskiver pan” for this recipe which I’ve linked below.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my mini dutch baby pancakes recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Pin for later!
Watch how I made this recipe!
Mini Dutch Pancakes
- Blender, aebleskiver pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp powdered icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup oat or almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 free-range eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for cooking
- In a high power blender, add dry ingredients and blend until combined. Then add wet ingredients and blend until well combined. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Heat your aebleskiver pan over medium heat. Brush coconut oil into moulds of the pan. You should have 1/8 tsp of coconut oil per mold.
- Pour enough batter to fill the mould half way. Do not fill to the top or it will overflow. Repeat the process until all moulds are filled.
- Cook until you see bubbles form on the top of the pancake. Flip with a skewer and fry on the other side until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and fruit of choice. Enjoy!