I wanted to share a quick and easy exotic fruit smoothie with you. It contains dragon fruit! This exotic fruit is becoming more available to Canada. It’s an interesting fruit to look at from the outside and when you slice it open, it reveals this white interior with tiny black dots. We bought a few of these and had one leftover that was about to go bad so we cut it into cubes and froze them in a reusable container. We usually do this with any fruit that’s about to go bad so we can have them in our smoothies. This reduces food waste and saves money.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you do please share it with your family and friends.
DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE RECIPE (VEGAN)
SERVES 2 CUPS | PREP TIME 5 MINS
- 1.5 cups frozen berry mix (blackberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 organic gala apple, diced with skin on
- 0.5 cups frozen dragon fruit
- 1 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1 organic banana, peeled
- 1.5 cups vanilla almond-based dairy-free yogurt
- 1 cup vanilla sweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 ice cubes
Required: high powered blender
- Pour all the ingredients into your blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!