Vegan Iced Turmeric Latte. This delicious dairy-free beverage tastes amazing with the turmeric and cinnamon flavour. It’s easy to make and requires very little time to whip up.
A perfect drink to make for guests on a warm day or a cold one if you fancy. It prevents you from having to visit a cafe, spend $5 on an iced latte when you can make one at home yourself!
This drink is also amazing at beating inflammation thanks to the benefits of turmeric
All you need is some plant based milk, ice, maple syrup, turmeric powder, cinnamon, ginger powder, pepper, and vanilla extract!
Proven Health Benefits of Turmeric
- “Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Most studies used turmeric extracts that are standardized to include large amounts of curcumin.
- Chronic inflammation contributes to many common Western diseases. Curcumin can suppress many molecules known to play major roles in inflammation.
- Has powerful antioxidant effects. It neutralizes free radicals on its own but also stimulates your body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
- Boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in your brain.
- has beneficial effects on several factors known to play a role in heart disease. It improves the function of the endothelium and is a potent anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
- leads to several changes on the molecular level that may help prevent and perhaps even treat cancer.
- can cross the blood-brain barrier and has been shown to lead to various improvements in the pathological process of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Arthritis is a common disorder characterized by joint inflammation. Many studies show that curcumin can help treat symptoms of arthritis and is in some cases more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs.
- A study in 60 people with depression showed that curcumin was as effective as Prozac in alleviating symptoms of the condition.
- Due to its many positive health effects, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer, curcumin may aid longevity.”
Here are some visual steps on how to make it
Well I hope you give my Vegan Iced Turmeric Latte a try!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Vegan Iced Turmeric Latte
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp ground Simply Organic’s turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground Simply Organic’s cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground Simply Organic’s ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour ice cubes and 1 cup of the oat milk into your glass. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup of oat milk, maple syrup, ground turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour the yellow liquid into your glass. Enjoy cold!