Strawberry Matcha Latte. A twist to the classic matcha latte with delicious sweet strawberries! Easy to make, dairy-free and perfect on a hot day!
This latte is not only pretty to look at with the 3 colourful layers but it’s delicious! I love strawberry milk but when it’s paired with matcha, it’s a really lovely combo! It’s also a great drink to make when you want to change up your latte game!
It’s not hard to make at all. There’s just the additional step of cooking your berries on a stove top and breaking it down with a wooden spoon or an immersion blender. I used the latter to get a smoother texture.
And yes it does take more time than the normal matcha latte but it’s worth it!
This drink originates from the Boba Guys and I had to try making it myself.
Other Recipes You May Like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1 tsp matcha powder
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp hot boiling water
2 tsp sugar
1 cup milk
Optional: Ice cubes but with ice cubes you won’t get the fancy layers.
Watch how I made this!
Tips for Making this Latte
- I recommend chopping up the strawberries first then cook them in the saute pan and then use an immersion blender or blender to grind it down into a smooth liquid
- If you want the pretty layers, don’t add ice. Ice distorts the layers. I learned this through many attempts at making layered lattes and it’s always disappointing when you expect the layers to form as you pour but the ice changes those layers to become big blobs lol (see picture below for the difference where the iced matcha is on the right side)
- With your matcha layer, use a whisk to mix. This makes it foamy and frothy. Especially if you don’t own a matcha whisk like me.
- You can use any milk of choice but I prefer oat milk as I’m mostly dairy-free
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Strawberry Matcha Latte recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Strawberry Matcha Latte
- 1 cup milk
- Optional: ice cubes
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot boiling water
- 3 strawberries diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together your matcha layer ingredients until frothy. Set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add diced strawberries, sugar and allow this to saute until the juices from the berries release, about 3 minutes. Break down your strawberries with a wooden spoon or use an immersion blender. Allow this to cool.
- Then in a tall glass, spoon your strawberry layer in.
- Then over the back of the spoon, slowly pour your milk over the strawberry layer. By doing this, you won’t break up the strawberry layer.
- Then pour your matcha layer over the back of the spoon as well. Optional: If you want ice, add it after you’ve added the strawberry layer.