Steamed Soy Ginger Chicken. Delicious, savoury and very easy to make! This is seasoned with soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil. It’s a great side dish to white rice and some leafy greens.
I love this recipe so much. It’s so simple and delicious and one that I grew up on as a young girl. My mother would always cook it for us using different parts of the chicken, such as the wings or thighs.
In Asian cuisine, we usually a well-marinated protein, some type of vegetable usually leafy greens with some rice and soup. In fact every single meal I had with my family when I was little always started off with a light clear broth soup. Followed by the main course which was communally shared in our family. There was also always leftovers for the next day.
For this recipe
6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, sliced
1 stalk of green onion, finely chopped
1 tsp of sliced ginger
2 tsp of organic light soy sauce
1 tsp of organic dark soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
1/2 tbsp of rice cooking wine
1/2 tsp of cane sugar
1 tsp of cornstarch
1/4 tsp of black pepper or white pepper
You will also need a steamer or a pot with a steamer section.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Steamed Soy Ginger Chicken recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Steamed Soy Ginger Chicken
- Required: Large Steamer
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs sliced
- 1 stalk of green onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp of sliced ginger
- 2 tsp of organic light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of organic dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp of rice cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp of cane sugar
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper or white pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Then add in the sliced chicken and mix well with chop sticks.
- Pour chicken with marinade onto a deep wide dish suitable for steaming. Steam covered for 25 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Serve immediately with rice and veggies. Enjoy!