Today I’m sharing a tasty and easy Vegan Apple Galette recipe. It’s wonderful as a dessert and requires less time than making a full pie.
For the pie crust, I am sharing a vegan version that you will be able to use for future pie recipes. It’s really easy to make and only requires several ingredients.
The filling is also very simple and only requires three ingredients. Apples, cinnamon and maple syrup!
But before I share the recipe I always like to share nutritional facts about the food you’re eating! With specific regards to apples!
Health Benefits of Apples:
- Apples are mainly made up of carbs and water. They also contain fiber, which moderates blood sugar levels and promotes gut health.
- They are not particularly rich in vitamins and minerals. However, they contain decent amounts of both vitamin C and potassium.
- Apples are high in various antioxidant plant compounds, which are responsible for many of their health benefits.
- Some studies indicate that apples may help protect against diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
- Apples are generally considered healthy but may cause digestive problems in some people.
So get in some of these health benefits by having more apples in your diet. As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
I hope you enjoy my Vegan Apple Galette and consider making it! It’s a wonderful way to impress your guests at a gathering and it’s fairly simple to make if you follow the instructions.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Vegan Apple Galette
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup coconut oil softened, but not liquid
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp oat milk
- 1/2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 large McIntosh apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add coconut oil, milk and maple syrup. Using a pastry blender or fork, combine your ingredients together. Knead the dough into a ball.
- On a flat surface, sprinkle some more flour and roll out your dough ball into thin and flat.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- In another bowl, mix with your hands the sliced apples, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Add your filling to pie crust in the middle. Fold in the edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.