My husband is really hitting it out of the park these days. He surprised me with homemade Lemon Pancakes and Lemon Cream Cheese this past Sunday. He can’t take credit for the pancakes, he found that recipe off good old Allrecipes.com, substituting any dairy with dairy-free alternatives and incorporating lemon zest into it. But he created the Lemon Cream all by himself! It was so delicious I ate 4 pancakes all to myself and usually I can only eat 2.
Some key ingredients he used for the Lemon Cream are Toffuti plain cream cheese and Wholesome Sweet organic vegan powdered sugar. For the pancakes, he’s using Burnbrae Farms organic free-range and Earths Own Canada vanilla almond milk.
Well I hope you enjoy these recipes. If you do please share it with your family and friends!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed.
LEMON PANCAKES WITH LEMON CREAM RECIPE (VEGETARIAN)
Pancake recipe adapted from All Recipes
YIELDS 7-8 PANCAKES | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 organic free-range egg
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup vegan plain cream cheese
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp vegan powdered sugar, adjust to desired sweetness
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cane sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the almond milk, lemon zest, egg and melted vegan butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Whisk together vegan cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and icing sugar until smooth. Serve over pancakes.