Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken. A savoury, delicious, sweet soy-based chicken dish that is perfect as a side! Made in 35 minutes.
This is a quick and easy Asian dish that I use to often eat as a child. My mother would cook this using chicken wings but I used organic skinless chicken thighs.
My Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken is so simple and delicious with white rice alone. It’s flavoured with honey, low sodium soy sauce with hints of ginger and garlic. Cooked under 15-20 minutes, it’s one of those staple meals that will come in handy after a long day at work.
It’s beneficial to cook with organic chicken to avoid consuming antibiotics and hormones injected into “regular” chickens. You’re also giving these animals a better life and supporting local farmers who care about their product. As consumers demand more of this, organic will become more affordable.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1 lb skinless boneless organic chicken thighs
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp ginger, sliced
3 tbsp low sodium organic soy sauce
3 tbsp avocado oil
4-5 tbsp organic honey
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp black pepper
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken
- 1 lb skinless boneless organic chicken thighs
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger sliced
- 3 tbsp low sodium organic soy sauce
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 4-5 tbsp organic honey
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- To create the marinade for the chicken, mix together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, olive oil, honey, sesame oil and pepper. Pour over chicken and mix until chicken is evenly coated.
- Meanwhile as your chicken marinades for a few minutes, in a deep pan or pot set on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of the marinade to your hot pan to act as an oil. Throw in the chopped shallots and fry until soft.
- Add in chicken along with marinade. Simmer for 15-20 minutes over medium heat and cover with lid.
- Flip the chicken mid-way through to avoid burning the honey. Remove chicken and allow sauce to thicken and simmer. Serve and enjoy!