Egg Tofu Fried Rice. Flavourful, full of contrasting textures and the smoked tofu offers a delicious aroma and taste. Perfect for dinner or lunch.
Fried rice is such a great recipe when time is of the essence! It also serves well as leftovers for lunch or meal prep.
For this recipe
I’m using are: Soyganic Smoked Tofu, Burnbrae Farms free-range organic eggs, Chosen Foods avocado oil, and Earth Balance vegan butter. It’s also important to use quality organic soy sauce as it makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
Tips for Cooking Fried Rice
- Have all your ingredients ready to fry. The last thing you want to do is not be prepared, while your rice is burning in your hot wok. So have all your ingredients prepared so you can just toss them in as you fry your rice
- I like to pre-rinse my frozen peas and carrots. This reduces the amount of cooking times as the water melts the frozen veggies and you’re not overcooking your rice
- Butter is so key to making fried rice taste so good! Trust me on this one
- Dark soy sauce really gives fried rice that rich dark brown colour without having to go overboard on the soy sauce making your rice too salty
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Egg Tofu Fried Rice recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
30 min. Egg Tofu Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice made the night before
- 3 eggs whisked with 1 tsp of sesame oil + 1 tsp of light soy sauce
- 1 block smoked tofu diced
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots rinsed under water
- 1 small cooking onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp light organic soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Break up your cooked rice with your hands. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 tsp of sesame oil and 1 tsp of light soy sauce together. Set aside.
- In a large wok set on high heat, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Fry eggs until cooked and cut them into pieces using your spatula. Set aside.
- Next in the same wok, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil and fry tofu until edges are browned. Set aside.
- In the same wok, heat up the frozen peas and carrots. Set aside.
- In the same work, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil and fry onions and garlic until soft and translucent. Add in the last tablespoon of oil and add in rice. Pour in light and dark soy sauce followed by sesame oil and vegan butter. Fry until rice is no longer white.
- Add back into your wok the frozen peas and carrots, tofu, and egg. Mix until well combined but careful not to crush the rice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!